Hobo should detect that a transition has parameters available and
generate the form unless you force it to link to the POST
do_transition action.  At least if you're using transition-button (or
buttons)

On May 25, 1:48 pm, Chris Apolzon <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but I also had issues with starting
> the lifecycle process when using the creator syntax.  Today, I followed the
> tutorial in rapid-rails-with-hobo, which simply declares a default state and
> transitions and after running the hobo migration, all my pre-existing items
> had the 'new' state marked and I'm able to push them along through their
> workflow.
>
> (I am, however, having an issue with passing a param into the transition,
> the hobo generated stuff isn't asking for anything and thus passes nil into
> the transition)
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:04 PM, kevinpfromnm <[email protected]>wrote:
>
> > I don't know if there's the equivalent baked in for lifecycles in auto
> > actions.  I'm pretty sure there are not.  You can manually add the
> > routes/controller actions if you need that pattern.
>
> > off that topic, I tend to use <transition-buttons /> on a show page/
> > card for a model with lifecycles.  It makes buttons for each of the
> > transitions currently available to the current user and toggles
> > between post (do_transition) and get methods based on whether the
> > transition has parameters available.
>
> > On May 25, 9:25 am, Dean 
> > <[email protected]<dean%[email protected]>>
> > wrote:
> > > Exploring a bit further I believe I need to insert  the link
>
> > >  <a:surveys action="register">Register a new survey</a>
>
> > > on the site show page.  However, two problems occur:
>
> > > 1. The URL produced is /sites/1-STA001/register instead of the
> > > expected /sites/1-STA001/surveys/register.  If I change the action to
> > > new, the correct url is produced.
>
> > > 2. Even if the <a> tag produced the correct url, no route exists for /
> > > sites/:site_id/surveys/register
>
> > > Any guidance would be appreciated
>
> > > Dean
>
> > > --
> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Hobo Users" group.
> > > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected]<hobousers%[email protected]>
> > .
> > > For more options, visit this group athttp://
> > groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Hobo Users" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected]<hobousers%[email protected]>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to