Hey Matt...

I think my problem lies in the view code.  To test I used just <show-
page>, that seems to trigger the default model finder.  It does not do
that if I use the basic <page> tag.

On Dec 9, 1:16 pm, Matt Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Dec 8, 2010, at 6:40 PM, Tuishimi wrote:
>
> > I am probably using custom actions incorrectly.  I want to have
> > several different versions of "show" action where the sub-data is
> > gathered with some specific parameters (effectively filtering the
> > data).
>
> > So basically I might have on a page:
>
> > XXX Errors:   43    -> which links to a show action of xxxerrors
> > ZZZ Errors:   8      -> which links to a show action of zzzerrors
>
> > These methods are called, the error data is loaded but then when it
> > routes to show the page it overrides my error collection and uses the
> > default query for show (I can see it requery in the log)!  I don't
> > want it to do that.  Is there a better approach?  I am doing this
> > through a parent class page and the show method is for said parent
> > that "has_many" errors.
>
> > Here is an example of a method in the controller (ThisClassController,
> > let's call it):
>
> >    show_action :xxxerrors do
> >       �...@this_class = ThisClass.find(params[:id])
> >        sql = "blah blah blah"
> >       �...@error_logs = ErrorLog.find_by_sql(sql)
> >    end
>
> I'm not 100% sure what's happening here - show_action adds the name it's 
> passed to the router's tables, then defines a method using the passed block. 
> The only way you get the default hobo_show action is if the block is omitted 
> entirely:
>
> hobo_show :some_action_name
>
> --Matt Jones

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to