I have a number of view_permitted declarations kind of like this:

if (self.state == 'active') then

return true

end

Which works but is getting a bit complicated as I have some detailed
permission logic. But now I am needing to *also* disable views on certain
fields. Something like this works:

if (self.state == 'active') then

if(field == :userdescription) then

return false

end

return true

end

...and records with 'active' state are shown but the :userdescription field
is blocked. But I have a number of fields to block. I considered seeing if
I can do something like field.in?(array_of_fields) and keep the large field
lists out of the permission code. But it's probably going to leave me with
some extremely non-elegant code (not that it is great now).

Is there a better way to handle something like this?

Thanks,

Nathan