Hello everyone,

suppose I want to evaluate the definition

let factorial = define `(fact (0) = 1)
   /\ (fact (SUC n) = SUC n * fact (n))`;;

in the term

`fact 10`

in HOL-Light.

Do I need to use Conversions to do this or is there a simpler way like
Coq's "Eval compute" or HOL4's "EVAL"?

As a context, I have constructed a function that computes a boolean
result by structural recursion in HOL-Light that can be used as a
certificate checker for a static analysis.

The problem is that currently the certificate checking is very slow
since I am using only rewrite conversions.

Best regards,

Heiko