A related question: some time back I was looking at how datatypes are constructed, and found stuff in theory ind_type, and theorems like list_TY_DEF (which one finds by doing find "ty_def")

But it seems that there are also theorems created which define the constructors of the list datatype in terms of ind_type$CONSTR, ind_type$BOTTOM, ind_type$FCONS, etc, but that these theorems are very well hidden. I intended to investigate more to find how these theorems are hidden, and where if possible to find them, but never got back to it.

Can anyone help me on that question? And is it relevant to this current discussion?

Cheers,

Jeremy