AISC 2018 Call for Papers
13th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Symbolic
Suzhou, China, September 16-19, 2018
AISC is a forum for the exchange of ideas and the presentation of new tools and
solutions at the
intersection of Artificial Intelligence and Symbolic Computation. It aims to
and collaborations among researchers from different fields related to AI and
The conference is concerned with all aspects of research, including theory,
AISC 2018 takes a broad view of AI that includes non-traditional areas such as
and their interactions with logic and symbolic reasoning. It will also have a
special track on
Conferences in this series are usually held every two years. The previous five
took place in Sevilla
(Spain), Paris (France), Birmingham (United Kingdom), Beijing (China), and Linz
(Austria). AISC 2018
will take place in Suzhou, China.
Specific topics for AISC 2018 include, but are not limited to:
* Cognitive modelling and symbolic AI
* Machine learning and computational intelligence
* Data modelling and analysis
* Knowledge representation and symbolic computing
* Knowledge acquisition, search, verification, and interoperation
* Automated reasoning and knowledge discovery
* Causal inferences, uncertainty reasoning, and decision support
* Cross-disciplinary knowledge management
* Mechanization of mathematics
* Mechanized program verification and debugging
* Combination of logics and computations
* Integration of logical reasoning and computer algebra
* Symbolic computations for expert systems and machine learning
* Computer vision and computer-aided geometric design
* Computer algebra systems and automated theorem provers
* Computer-based mathematics teaching and didactics
* Programming languages and systems for symbolic computation
* Emerging fields of computational AI
Topics for the special track on Collective Intelligence include, but are not
* Human computation and collective intelligence
* Game theory and crowdsourcing computation
* Crowdsourcing software engineering
* Crowdsourcing publishing, reviewing, and competition systems
Original research papers in English, including experimental work and work in
progress are welcome.
The following types of submissions are invited.
* Regular papers: maximum 15 pages.
* Short papers: maximum 5 pages that address the following aspects explicitly.
- Problem: what is the problem/question/objective?
- Motivation: why are you working on the problem and what is its importance?
- State of the art: what has been done already on the problem?
- Contribution: what is the main original contribution?
- Main idea: what is the main idea underlying the contribution?
* The submissions should indicate whether they are submitted as short or
regular papers as part of
their titles (see the AISC webpage for instructions). Aside from this they
should follow the standard
Springer LNCS Proceedings format.
* Electronic submission as PDF should be via EasyChair at
* Accepted papers must be presented at the conference.
* If you have any problems with the submission of your paper, or questions
AISC 2018 or EasyChair, please contactaisc2...@easychair.org.
The proceedings of AISC 2018 will be published by Springer in its LNAI series
and will be available by
the time of the conference.
As for previous editions of AISC, authors of selected conference papers may be
invited to submit extended
versions for review and publication in the special issue of a journal.
* Abstract submission deadline: April 27, 2018
* Short/Regular paper submission deadline: May 4, 2018
* Author notification: June 29, 2018
* Camera-ready submission: July 11, 2018
* Early registration: August 18, 2018
* Conference: September 16-19, 2018
INVITED SPEAKERS (to be completed)
* Bruno Buchberger (Johannes Kepler University, Austria)
* Alan Bundy (University of Edinburgh, UK)
* Jacques Calmet (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany)
* Dongming Wang (Beihang University, China & CNRS, France)
* Jesus Aransay (University of la Rioja, Spain)
* Yves Bertot (Sophia Antipolis, France)
* Francisco Botana (University of Vigo, Spain)
* Krysia Broda (Imperial College, UK)
* Xiaoyu Chen (Beihang University, China)
* Mnacho Echenim (Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble, France)
* Matthew England (Coventry University, UK)
* Jacques Fleuriot (University of Edinburgh, UK), AISC 2018 PC Chair
* Xiao-Shan Gao (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
* Tetsuo Ida (University of Tsukuba, Japan)
* Paul Jackson (University of Edinburgh, UK)
* Predrag Janicic (University of Belgrade, Serbia)
* Deepak Kapur (University of New Mexico, USA)
* Michael Kohlhase (FAU Erlangen-Nurenberg, Germany)
* Ekaterina Komendantskaya (Heriot-Watt University, UK)
* Robert Y. Lewis (Vrije University Amsterdam, Netherlands)
* Xinjun Mao (National University of Defense Technology, China)
* Chenqi Mou (Beihang University, China)
* Julien Narboux (University of Strasbourg, France)
* Petros Papapanagiotou (University of Edinburgh, UK)
* Tomas Recio (University of Cantabria, Spain)
* Jose-Luis Ruiz-Reina (University of Seville, Spain)
* Carolyn Talcott (SRI International, USA)
* Laurent Thery (INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France)
* Yongxin Tong (Beihang University, China), Special Track Co-chair
* Josef Urban (Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic)
* Wolfgang Windsteiger (Johannes Kepler University, Austria)
* Ye Yuan (Northeastern University, China)
* Zimu Zhou (ETH Zurich, Switzerland), Special Track Co-chair
* Wenjun Wu (Beihang University, China), Chair
* Xiaoyu Chen (Beihang University, China)
* Xiaohong Jia (Chinese Academy of Sciences, China)
Dr Petros Papapanagiotou
CISA, School of Informatics
The University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
hol-info mailing list