Please include the mailing list in your replies. I do not know what you
are doing. Anyway, this does not look like HOL4. Are you using HOL
Light? I only know about HOL4. Removing the quantifier will usually be
done internally by the subsequent tactic that requires using the
proposition with a specific specialization of “n” and there is no need
to specialize the assumption manually.