Hi,

I have a question about the new version of measureTheory
(measure_hvgScript.sml): why the Carathéodory's extension theorem
(CARATHEODORY), with all related definitions and lemmas, are removed?

[CARATHEODORY]
|- ∀m0.
            algebra (m_space m0,measurable_sets m0) ∧ positive m0 ∧
            countably_additive m0 ⇒
            ∃m.
                (∀s. s ∈ measurable_sets m0 ⇒ (measure m s = measure m0 s)) ∧
                ((m_space m,measurable_sets m) =
                 sigma (m_space m0) (measurable_sets m0)) ∧ measure_space m

This is a fundamental result in measure theory. It is one way of arriving at
the concept of Lebesgue measure. Without it, how did you manage to define the
Lebesgue measure on all Borel sets? (sorry, I’ve lost in the long
lebesgue_measure_hvgScript.sml to find out by myself)

P. S. If the goal is to just merge the latest version of measureTheory into
HOL4, we cannot loose CARATHEODORY, as it’s needed by other work (e.g.. HOL’s
"examples/miller/prob/probScript.sml”). I’m trying to fix its old proofs using
under the new extrealTheory, it seems that each proof is a bit harder to prove,
but essentially there’s no difficulty at al, CARATHEODORY must still hold.

—Chun