Hi,

I just started HOL and am really enjoying it quite a bit. One difficulty I
find during interactive tactic proof sessions is to get hold of and
manipulate assumptions. Right now I find myself using sg to write new
subgoals and then metis_tac[] to prove the baby steps that could be easily
proved with MP if I know how to select an assumption to apply to another.
Is this difficulty by design? Should I be writing sml code instead of going
with existing tactics?

Concrete example: if assumption #n1 says a -> b and assumption #n2 says a
how can I add b to the assumptions? Of course it may be a little more
complicated as #n1 may be !x. a -> c /\ d /\ b and I may only want b.

Thanks,
Haitao Zhang