I should also add that simp [..] would take a step in the wrong direction
as I have an equality on the assumptions list that I used earlier in the
other direction (through SYM). simp_tac does not do anything as assumptions
are required. And as I can see now the step does not actually depend on
FUNSET_ID as there is already a fact proved using it in the assumptions. I
was using FUNSET_ID in the earlier solution because I was manually
instantiating the antecedent (instead of searching for it among the
assumptions).

Haitao