Axiomise has launched a new on-demand course on applied formal methods. The
course provides an in-depth introduction to formal verification covering
theorem proving, model checking and equivalence checking using HOL 4, and
model checking tools from Cadence, Synopsys and Siemens EDA (formerly
Mentor Graphics).

The course can be taken by a graduate student in CS/EE/ECE/Maths/Physics.
We only assume familiarity with basic digital design using Verilog/VHDL. If
you're already familiar with theorem provers and would like to know how to
drive model checkers to find corner-case bugs in designs with 100 million
flip-flops and more, this would be a great introduction. If you are a model
checking person and would like to see how easy it is to get started proving
theorems with HOL like provers, then there are plenty of demos teaching
just that. Currently, we use HOL 4, but in the future, we will be putting
more material in HOL Light and Coq.

The course consists of 55 modules, including videos, reference material,
downloadable source code to play and interactive quizzes. If you like to
give a final exam and pass with a 70% grade, you can get a certifcate. The
course is totally focussed on problem-solving, and how to apply formal on
projects?

The course is priced at £500, but with an introductory discount of 40%, you
can have it at even a greater value. For students, there is an additional
discount of 20%.

More information is available from https://elearn.axiomise.com

Ashish

--

*Dr Ashish Darbari, FBCS, FIETE, DPhil (Oxon)Founder &
ceoashish.darb...@axiomise.com <ashish.darb...@axiomise.com>Axiomise Ltd.