CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS

*DEADLINE: 14 October 2022, 23:59 AoE* (Anywhere on Earth)

ACM SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop

Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Web page: https://popl23.sigplan.org/home/PLMW-POPL-2023

Following the success of the first eleven Programming Languages Mentoring
Workshops at POPL 2012-2022, we are pleased to announce the 12th SIGPLAN
Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW), co-located with POPL 2023
and organized by Hannah Gommerstadt, Michael Greenberg, Kuen-Bang Hou
(Favonia), and Robbert Krebbers. The workshop will take place *in person*
in Boston.

PLMW aims to encourage graduate students and senior undergraduate students
to pursue careers in programming language (PL) research. This workshop will
bring together world leaders in PL research and teaching from both academia
and industry to provide (a) technical sessions on cutting-edge PL research
and (b) mentoring sessions on how to prepare for a research career. The
workshop will help students imagine how they might contribute to our
vibrant and thriving research community.

We especially encourage women, members of underrepresented minorities, and
people with disabilities to attend PLMW.

This workshop is part of the activities surrounding POPL, the Symposium on
Principles of Programming Languages, and takes place the day before the
main conference. One goal of the workshop is to make the POPL conference
more accessible to newcomers. We hope that participants will stay for the
whole conference.

A number of sponsors (listed below) have generously donated scholarship
funds for qualified students to attend PLMW. These scholarships can cover
expenses (airfare, hotel, and registration fees) for attendance at both the
workshop and the POPL conference itself. The workshop registration is open
to all (with or without scholarships). Students with alternative sources of
funding are welcome as well.

APPLICATION FOR PLMW SCHOLARSHIP

The application form can be accessed at the following URL:

https://forms.gle/Ct19QcsKjSLoE38B9

The deadline for full consideration of funding is *14 October 2022, 23:59
AoE.*

Confirmed sponsors so far:

   -

   NSF