I don't have a particular preference for DHCP-PD over OSPF in homenets, but I
just wanted to quickly contradict what's been said by several people at the
mic: that figuring out what prefix to delegate is hard.   It's not hard,
actually—it's dead easy.   The reason folks think it's hard is because they're
solving the wrong problem.

The problem that needs to be solved is how we number each home subnet.   The
answer to this question is, "with a /64."   There is no other answer.   You
never want to number a subnet with a /52.   Therefore, the delegating router
should never delegate anything but a /64.   Problem solved.

I think the disconnect here is that people are thinking the routers to which
prefixes are delegated need to themselves be delegating routers, but this is
incorrect.   What they need to do is _relay_ prefix delegation requests to the
delegating router from which they got their own delegation.

This scales to multi-homing with multiple delegating routers—you just relay
every PD request upstream to all delegating routers.

I'd be happy to write a draft that describes how this works if someone actually
wants it; I get the sense that people are pretty in love with the OSPF solution
and would prefer not to be distracted, and I have no argument with that if
that's the working group consensus.