Hi,

Sorry to be so late with this but I had some personal distractions recently.

I am very surprised by a change that was made to this draft after IETF Last Call
and with no discussion, as far as I am aware, on the WG list. It is this
additional sentence in the first paragraph:

"Although it does not require to be
configured to operate properly, it supports custom configuration by
means of variable priority assignments, and can therefore be used in
fully autonomic as well as professionally managed networks."

Firstly, this is a substantive change so I believe it should have been
discussed by the WG.

Secondly, the second half of the sentence seems completely unjustified, and
is way outside the Homenet context anyway. I believe that the range of
requirements for autonomic and/or professionally managed networks is far too
great to assert that "variable priority assignments" meet the needs; much
more general policy intent might be needed in autonomic networks, for
example, and the work on this topic is only just starting in Anima. As a
specific example, an international enterprise network might have geographical
requirements for prefix assignmnent.

Quite apart from the process issue, I believe that the second half of
the added sentence is wrong and must be deleted.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter