>    A node MUST be able to detect whether two of its local internal
>    interfaces are connected, e.g., by detecting an identical remote
>    interface being part of the Common Links of both local interfaces.
>
> What should the node do if it detects that two interfaces are on the same
> link?

Ok, I've looked at the spec, I've looked at my code, and it's still not
entirely clear what needs to be done in that case.  Steven, is the
following correct:

  - the algorithm that causes DNCP to avoid id collisions needs to be
    modified so that a node doesn't attempt to negociate with itself;
  - the definition of precedence in PA needs to be changed so that one of
    the interfaces takes precedence over the other one.

Is that correct, and is that all I need to do?

-- Juliusz