Hi Alia,

thanks a lot for your continuous reviews. I have staged a few changes in
our Git to address your remaining issues. We will include it in a an
upcoming version with fixes for other remaining blockers left in -11.

See: https://github.com/fingon/ietf-drafts/commit/374a4a3
More replies inline below.

Thanks,

Steven

> 1) End of Sec 4.4, can you clarify what the behavior is for
> unrecognized TLV that is included in the Node Data field of a Node
> State TLV?  I assume that its meaning is not processed, but it is
> included in the computation of the Node State Hash?

Clarified.

> I've also read this draft too many times at this point to be certain that
> I've picked up all the points of
> unclarity.  I've requested another Routing Directorate review, from a new
> reviewer, so I may be modifying
> my ballot again before the telechat on Thursday.

Thanks.

> COMMENT:
>
> I also have a few more minor comments that affect readability.
>
> 2) On p. 6, Definition of Peer means that the same DNCP node using a
> different local and remote endpoint pair would be a different Peer??
> Is that intentional?

Changed to "at least one".

> 4) In Sec 4.5, it seems unfortunate to have old network and
> connectivity state stored.  It seems to me that it'd be fairly trivial
> to describe a "polite neighbor" termination policy where a peer sends
> an Node Data TLV for itself with no data in it - including Node
> Endpoint TLVs.  I am a bit nervous about bad side effects, but I do
> not have a specific example to mind and obviously, a neighbor can fail
> as well as gracefully shut down connections.  Describing "polite
> neighbor"
> behavior may be too much of a technical change at this point, but I'd be
> happy if you think about it seriously.

I think there are legitimate cases where this graceful termination is
redundant, i.e., because the derived protocol employs a transport or
link-layer that provides such events already. Nevertheless I guess a
derived protocol could probably with some care add such a mechanism
where it makes sense. I'm a bit reluctant to add it as that stage really.

> 5) In Sec 7.2.2, it says "This TLV contains the current locally
> calculated network state hash, see Section 4.1 for how it is calculated."
>  This describes the value when sent.  When received, it contains the
> Peer's network state hash.

Changed to "contains the current network state hash calculated by its
sender"

> 6) Please define H(...) in terminology, since Sec 7 uses it.

Hmm, it is currently defined at the beginning of Section 7 just before
the first sub-paragraph so I am not sure if it will add more clarity to
also add it to the terminology.