> I am not fine with SHOULD for IPv4 as it will essentially break it;

Agreed, but I don't feel strongly about it.

> I can live with MUST for IPv6 but consider it unneccessary.

Agreed, announcing your IPv6 address, if it's chosen randomly, just wastes
24 bytes * prefixes * nodes * interfaces.  That's 2.4kB of uselessly
flooded data in a mere 10 node network with two prefixes.  (Recall that
HNCP doesn't have link-local signalling or delayed flooding -- anything
that's announced must be flooded throughout the network in a timely manner.)

-- Juliusz