> Two things on this.  First, is a Leaf interface on the router facing
> devices that don't support HNCP or on the hosts facing an HNCP router? I
> would think you would want this to be a category on the router.  Second,
> I don't quite understand "DNCP endpoint". There is no definition of that
> in either this spec or the DNCP spec. So, I am not sure what that would
> entail for an implementer.
The leaf category can be used for interfaces of HNCP devices on which
it doesn't which to speak HNCP, e.g. where only non-HNCP devices
are expected to be, e.g. a WiFi AP for clients. The point is to not speak
 HNCP if you don't have to which can increase security (see 12.2).

"Endpoint" is used and defined in DNCP, I called it "DNCP Endpoint"
to indicate it comes from that draft, however i can remove the "DNCP"
if that would make it more clear.

Cheers,

Steven