> It would seem your objection can be summarized as "we don't need this".
> Correct me if I'm wrong.

No, my objection is that I cannot see how that can work in a decentralised
manner -- with no central Homenet controller.

> To me is like saying we don't need a new routing protocol like BABEL, because
> we have loads of routing protocols already.
> [for the record I strongly supported incorporating BABEL into Homenet,
> because to me it was the best choice]

When we argued between Babel and IS-IS, we were deciding between two
decentralised protocols.  In some sense, we were having an argument among
friends -- had someone suggested we use a central SDN controller instead
of a distributed routing protocol, we'd probably have ganged on the culprit.

If that's okay, I'll give a more detailed description of my objection as
a followup to MCR's comment, since the two of you are saying very roughly
the same thing.

-- Juliusz