Hello,

When writing programs that can both run on server and client side, I'm
confronted with an issue about locks (mutexes).

On the server side, I have to protect some variables from concurrently
running threads executing services.  I use mutex-lock!/unlock! and
with-lock for this purpose.  However, I cannot ship this code to the
client as mutex-lock ans such does not exist on client side.

Would it be possible to have a kind of fake locking API available on
the client side, like Bigloo does for non-threaded compiled code?

I currently use cond-expand to define macros which transforms
mutex-lock and unlock as no-op and substitutes with-lock with
its body.

Thanks,
--
Cyprien