Hi all,

How should Horizon determine if a user account is in the list of system
accounts?  I'm thinking a hard-coded list from adelie-base would be
sufficient, and note somewhere that if we modify adelie-base we need to
modify Horizon as well.

It can't probe the running OS for a few reasons:

* Validation is run before execution, so there *is* no running OS yet if
this is being installed.

* If someone runs validation on another system, say a Mac or a Debian
system, even if we check for uid < 500 or 1000, those systems have
accounts we don't.

If there are alternatives I haven't thought of, please let me know.  I'd
be amenable to having a file included in the source tree so it isn't
hard-coded in *source*, just in a text file, but at this point it seems
like six of one and half a dozen of the other. (as in: two solutions but
same end result - the Horizon Git tree has to be updated with every
adelie-base modification.)

Best,
--arw

--