I was wondering if anyone here has had something called a palate expander?
If so, how much does it effect playing?  I was told today, when getting a
cleaning, that I am severely in need of one.  When I asked him it's effects on
playing an instrument he, of course, didn't know.  I'm worried to do it without
knowing what it will do as I am going starting college this fall and plan to
major in performance.  I have already told the dentist that if it effects my
career choice it probably isn't going happen.  He didn't like that...he should try
playing the horn.

Michael Moore