Well, Depending on WHERE you are in Texas, Here's an opportunity close by for playing
info and general merriement!
SGT Myra Fishburn
62nd Army Band
Ft. Bliss, TX
"It's not the heat, it's the humidity!
***************************************************************************************Dear
 Sirs/Ma'am,

I have been wanting for some time to notify you of a great opportunity for
your individual horn sections.  Things have been so busy, that it has taken
me some time to finally get to this task.  Some of you may already be aware
that in October of this year (2004), the Western U.S. Horn Symposium will
take place here in Las Vegas on the campus of the University of Nevada, Las
Vegas (UNLV). Dates are 27-31 October.

I attended this workshop the first time it was offered in 2002 and found it
to be a very good, profitable event, in terms of professional development,
and very reasonably priced as well, for the large number of clinicians and
activities they offered.  This is an especially good opportunity for your
younger players who haven't had much exposure to professional, civilian
players in the horn world to interact with some of the best players in the
world, including the American Horn Quartet.  It is my hope that you will
consider sending your horn players TDY to Las Vegas in order that they may
participate in the symposium this year.  I would love to see a strong
representation from our military, specifically Army, bands.

Registration and additional information can be found at the following
website:

http://www.unlv.edu/faculty/unlvhorns/wushs/index.html

Sincerely,

SSG Sarah J. Witt