I'm one of those rank (or unranked) amateurs who is enjoying getting
reacquainted with my horn after a 45 year hiatus, playing in a Community
College band and a separate Community band.  In one or the other, we're
working on:

1st horn (Community band)-
Rondo from Mozart's 4th horn concerto - arr.Jerry Lanning (My first solo in
about 50 years!)
Tschaikowsky's (sic) Caprice Italien - arr. L.P. Laurendeau
Hoagy Carmichael in Concert - arr. Warren Barker
Gershwin's Porgy and Bess selection - arr. Russell Bennett

2nd horn (Community College band) -
Finale from Dvorak's New World Symphony
Aaron Copeland's Lincoln Portrait
Holst's Mars
Gliere's Russian Sailors Dance from The Red Poppy

harswoodhorn
******

message: 7
date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:01:15 +0100
from: "Graham Jarvis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
subject: [Hornlist] Work(s) in progress

Hello listers
I guess I am just curious - but maybe I'm not the only one. Wouldn't it be
interesting to know what music we're working on just now - a=  sort of
snapshot of repertoire covered by hornlisters at one moment of tim= e. (It
could be for a solo recital,  a community band concert, a church ser= vice,
a freelance gig, a pro orchestra concert, or whatever). Maybe we shouldn't
count studies - we can take all that Kopprasch for grant= ed.=20 ....and not
works that we're looking at just for interest (I'm getting to kn= ow the
Gli=E9re concerto at the moment - but I'll never play it in public!!= ).

I can kick of with our community/amateur orchestra working on Beethoven's F=
irst Symphony and a selection of songs by Carl Michael Bellman. (In the win=
d section we're going to be working up Mozart's Serenade No. 11 in Eb.)

All the best,
Graham