From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:49 AM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Vienna Philharmonic horns...

I recently checked out the horn section listing for the
Vienna Phil  and this is what I came up with:
 Wolfgang Tomböck, - 1st horn (Jungwirth)  Ronald Janezic, -
1st horn
(Yamaha)  Lars Michael Stransky, - 1st horn (Wiener
Produktiv-Genossenschaft) Willibald Janezic, - 2nd horn
(Yamaha)  Volker Altmann, - 2nd horn (Yamaha)  Thomas
Jöbstl, - 2nd horn (Yamaha)  Günter Högner, - 3rd horn
(Yamaha)  Wolfgang Vladar, - 3rd horn (Jungwirth)  Roland
Horvath, - 4th horn (Jungwirth)  Friedrich Pfeiffer, - 4th
horn (Jungwirth)

What I was wondering, was what model of Yamaha they mainly
play on,  and also, for which works do they typically use
the Vienna horn for and when do  they switch to the
double/triple or whichever they use? I'm not too familiar
with what they play but would love to hear some info on what
they use and when.
I've been comparing a lot of the U.S. orchestra
sounds(Chicago, Boston, New York, San Fran) to those of
Europe (Berlin Phil, Vienna Phil, London Symphony/Phil,
etc...).  I find it interesting to hear about what horns
different orchestras play on to produce the distinct and
different types of horn  sounds that they do.  Well if
anyone is of any help, please post. Thanks

http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hans%40pizka.d