Graham,

I'd be very interested in any response that you get on the "other list" or
offlist. I actually purchased all 6 of the Graas CDs on Lonehill a couple
of weeks ago and was wondering exactly the same thing but was too lazy to
post it to the list.

Thanks,

Peter Hirsch

<date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 22:41:29 +0100
<from: "Graham Jarvis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<subject: [Hornlist] John Graas - name that horn?
<
<Calling all listers!
<
<Having had only limited success on the Yahoo hornlist I'm going to try =
<my luck here.
<(Don't let me down...)
<I recently bought a LonehillJazz CD "Jazz-lab 1&2" with John Graas on =
<horn.=20
<On the front cover of the CD Graas is holding a single Bb horn with F =
<extension (successfully identified as a Sansone by Yahoo listers).=20
<On the inside of the insert he's shown playing a full double that has =
<still not been (convincingly to me) identified. The wrap is not one i =
<recognised - but it's certainly close to a current Lidl model. (Anborg =
<has also been mentioned - though it's nothing like the Anborg =
<full-double that I still use). Two details that could be deciders are a =
<bulge on the bell-brace and apull ring on what I guess is the Bb tuning =
<slide.=20
<I've posted photos on the Yahoo group =
<http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/horn/
<You have to be (or become) a member to see them. If you're curious I =
<could send a copy of the picture by mail.
<I'd like to be able to offer a prize for the first definite =
<identification - but I can't think what the prize could be - maybe the =
<satisfaction of winning is enough?
<
<Regards,
<Graham