I'm sure this subject has probably come up numerous times on this list, but I
am fairly new and I am clueless here.

  I have a yellow brass horn (gold brass leadpipe) with no lacquer and frankly
I'm tired of cleaning it (and my hands) so often.

  I've heard that having a horn lacquered can alter it's playing
characteristics.  Have there been any studies done on this?  What can I expect
will change?

  Lastly, how much would this cost to have done and can anyone recommend where
to have it done?

  Thanks,

  Joe