He's better than cabbage-he doesn't make gratuitous insults.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 21, 2009, at 7:08 AM, "David A. Jewell" <paxm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Cabbage, it seems you have some worthy companionship.
Paxmaha

________________________________
From: David Goldberg <goldb...@wccnet.org>
To: The Horn List <horn@music.memphis.edu>

Simon Varnam wrote:
Thanks, David! I've been wanting to play these for a long time. How about the others; Schneider, Dauprat and Tripperies ? (What nationality is that last guy? :-D )
 Simon

That last guy is German. You will remember Ferdinand Ries, born in Bonn, student and friend of Beethoven. Little known fact - Ferdinand had three brothers, Frippe Ries, Bippe Ries and Trippe Ries. Not only did they all learn music from Beethoven, they also got Beethoven's lousy handwriting, and so when they signed their compositions, the publisher mistook their names for the titles as we know them today. These whimsical little bits of ear-candy are the only works of the brothers and so they are sometimes referred to as Ries's Pieces.

David G