Hi all,

There is a misprint in En Foret, I believe, in the 5th bar of reh. 17 on the second beat. That note should be a written Bb, sounding Eb.

Hope your summers are all good.

Bob

******
Robert N. Ward
Principal Horn
San Francisco Symphony
rnw...@comcast.net

On Aug 9, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Bill Tyler wrote:

Hi, Chris,

Yes, in the B & H edition, there are a few misprints. The note you ask about is played a concert F in the two recordings I have (Barry Tuckwell, 1990, and Peter Damm). In the CD liner notes of the Tuckwell recording, he slams B&H and their errors in the score, regarding notes, phrasings, dynamics and tempos (tempi?). I can't comment on En Foret ... somehow, I made it all the way through grad school without ever seeing the piece.

A pet peeve of mine ... I have the BBC issued CD of Dennis Brain playing Beethoven Sextet Op. 81b, Auf dem Strom and Haydn 1, among other things. Amongst the liner notes are some photos of DB with other musicians ... who shall remain nameless, because there are no captions. Thanks, BBC. Supplying few names would be nice. Maybe some of the UK groupies could help.

There. Now I feel better.

Bill