From: horntr...@aol.com

Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:28:26
To: <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Subject: Re: [Hornlist] Confusing transposition (double post)

<<  message: 4
date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:25:56 +0200
from: "Prof.Hans Pizka"  <h...@pizka.de>
subject: AW: [Hornlist] Confusing transposition (double  post)

Hello all, I need help too. I was in a city last spring, arriving  by air,
but I do not remember, where it was. Nor do I have any idea, what  a
continent it was. I remember, the regular gangway to the plane was not  the
same as on my home airport. It did not match the door height of the  plane,
but it matched for other planes. Very confusing, indeed. Any help  is
welcome, so I can find out, where I had landed this past  spring.

Well, stop joking now.

If one cannot remember after three  four months which piece he or she
played,
does not speak for the player. Was  it an oratory by Mendelssohn ? - Well,
not every piece is just a piece ! This  is too simple.

Mendelssohn & other contemporaries often used two  differently pitched pair
of horns, - natural horns - . The 2nd pair is  pitched higher quite often,
mainly in G or A. The 2n pair is for a "fourth"  different than the 1st pair
(ex.: first pair in E, 2nd pair in A = equally to  F/Bb double horn). Why
the
2nd pair higher ? The first pair (lower) has to  play some "manipulated"
pitches, while the 2nd & higher pair nearly  avoids "manipulated" pitches &
remains for the "open calls". So the 2nd  pairs musical text remains quite
simple, but delicate on modern double  horns.

A final question: is it really so difficult, remembering titles of  certain
music, if the title is written in a foreign language ? Or was it  the
"overwhelming impression" left by the conductor, which forced one to  forget
not only the conductors name, but also the title of the music ?  >>

Now, Hans,  you should not be so harsh in your judgements making because if
you have  forgettings of your travels and have reminders needing then I can
only be saying  now that soon your transpositions you will be having the
forgettings of as  well so a new invention you will be needing as well as
others which the  perfections of I am now having the makings of in my shop and
this will solve all  of your transpositionings and some other problems as
well and I am having  the callings of it the TRANSPOSITRONICDIMENTIAOMETER
which works  something like a GPS but it guides you through the piece on the
LCD
screen on  your stand once you are having your parts in there and if you
order it with the  optional TONICALSUBDOMINANTALDOMINANTIAL plug in, it even
tells you what key the  piece is in so then you will be one step ahead of the
conductor, as well and it  works by a little headphone in your ear and a
mostest pleasantest of female  voice does speakings like "In 30 measures,
switch to E flat - down a whole tone"  and "Danger ahead, second movement in H
basso, down an augmented 4th" and "You  just missed a transposition change!
Switch to C alto now!  And try  not to miss any notes!"

Seasonings Greetonings and Mostestest of Clamifications from a Hot and
Sultry Bad Corner, NH,

Prof. I. M. Gestopftmitscheist
Principal 8th horn and Principal 4th  Wagner Tuber, Schplittenotendorf am
Oedland Staatsoper und Philharmoniker,  (ret.)
Solo Horn, Bad Corner Brass Quintet
Hornist, Broken Winds  WW Quintet
Solo 4th Horn (Leader, call me for bookings), Smirnoff Horn  Quartet
Assistant Associate Principal Mellophone, NJ Turnpike Authority Drum  and
Bugle Corps, "The Phantom Lane Changers" (ret., bad knees)
Hornist as  Needed, L'Ensemble du Chambre des Palourdes
Principal Natural Horn, I  Soloisti di Feces
Principal Baroque and Hunting Horn, Camarata  Vongoleforte
Adjunct, Part-time, Arms-length Professor of Horn and Pest  Control, Exit 2
Community College, Exit 2, NJ (Ret.)
Adjunct, Part-time,  Arms-length Professor of Horn, Pest Control and Home
Petroleum  Studies, Northern New Hampshire Technical Institute, Bad Corner,
NH
Author, "The Kopprasch Connection," "Kopprasch for Fun and Profit,"
"Kopprasch for the New Millenium: Where Do you Fit In?" "Hooked on Hornonics,"
"What If Saddam Had Given Ouday and Qusay Olds Ambassador or Conn Pan American
 Single F Horns and a Kopprasch Book Instead of AK 47's, Booze and Porn?"
and  "The DaVinci Clam: Was Kopprasch God's Other Son?"
Founder, Director  and CEO, Universal Institute for the Study, Preservation
and Dissemination of  Kopprasch Throughout the Solar System
Founder and Guru Extraordinaire,  Clammers Anonymous (a twelve half step
program)
Grand Poobah of the  Koppraschian Kult
Director and Program Manager, The All Kopprasch Channel  (AKC), Kopprasch
Public Radio (KPR)
Host of The Kopprasch Factor on AKC and  All Kopprasch Considered on KPR
Owner-Operator, Bad Corner Petroleum  Laboratory, "The Worlds Largest Valve
Oil Factory"
Founder and Disseminator  of CLAMSAA, the Universal Holiday for Horn Players
Interplanetarily Known  Soloist and Artist of Record
Exclusive Anborg, Bundy, Carl Fischer, Olds  Ambassador, Sansone, Val*Mart
and Conn Artist Who Does Not Get His Horns For  Free