From: "lewho...@yahoo.com" <lewho...@yahoo.com>
To: The Horn List <horn@music.memphis.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:44:51 PM
Subject: Re: [Hornlist]. Conductor's.  Was Confusing transposition

Ah yes, Scott. To be young and still think that most conductors are infallable
and that they are god...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can tell stories and I don't play at the
level that Hans and others on this forum have worked. I personally have worked
under conductors that in some cases were totally clueless.

Some of our colleagues on this list in the Metropolitan area where I reside
(the name of the community shall remain nameless to protect the innocent, lol)
know of a certain conductor that if you watched him, you were sure to get lost
when he conducted a piece in three that really was in four. I am not joking!

He also liked to play John Williams' music at a VERY slow tempo. I have said he
couldn't conduct his way out of a paper bag.

Now that my colleagues from my area are hopefully chuckling, I withdraw
probably to be flamed.

Walt Lewis