Welcome to new members! I firmly believe that every interaction (every
contribution, every edit) is a gift. With each action, you build the
community and make HOT even better. Thank you.


Thanks again to Jaakko, Kate and Boris for managing the nominations.


Heather


Heather Leson
[email protected]
Twitter: HeatherLeson
Blog: textontechs.com


On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Russell Deffner <[email protected]>wrote:

> Thank you Jaakko, and all!
>
>
>
> I agree this is an amazing 'class', and I am thrilled to be a part of it.
> I'm also pleasantly surprised there are many new members that I have not
> yet had the pleasure of meeting, so I look forward to hearing your stories
> and hopefully meeting you somewhere down the road.  The quick version of my
> story is that I'm a relatively 'new-hat', having only barely gotten
> involved in OpenStreetMap in 2010.  However, my background is in emergency
> services (and GIS) so when SOTM 2011 came to me (Denver, Colorado, USA) I
> got the chance to learn about and meet many of the members of HOT.  From
> there I started volunteering as a remote mapper, coordinated some local
> disaster mapping, and watching the organization grow.  I got another chance
> to meet Kate last summer where she convinced me to finally jump all in, so
> thank you; and also a big thank you to Severin Menard who last summer
> selected me to join him on an amazing trip this fall to Ulaanbaatar,
> Mongolia to teach and coordinate Open(Street)Mapping.  Like I said, the
> short version; will try to do a more thorough blog or something soon...
>
>
>
> I'm honored and humbled to be a part of this organization and can't wait
> to see what we will accomplish,
>
> =Russ
>
> [email protected]
>
>
>
> Russell Deffner
>
> russdeffner on OSM <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/russdeffner>
>
> [email protected]
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* Jaakko Helleranta.com [mailto:[email protected]]
> *Sent:* Monday, February 03, 2014 1:26 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Cc:* HOT@OSM (Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team)
> *Subject:* [HOT] New HOT voting members approved!
>
>
>
> Dear all new HOT voting members, FYI all "old" voting members & the HOT
> community at large,
>
> I'm happy to announce that the nominations of and elections for new HOT
> voting members have resulted in 18 new voting members for HOT! Welcome all!
> The new voting members list is below.
>
>
>
> We'll be arranging (first ever) orientations to the new voting members in
> the next two weeks to make sure that everyone knows what (all things) HOT
> is, how the organization operates and what is the role of voting members.
> E.g. we'll be electing a Chair (person) for the organization and a new
> board in the coming weeks. But we'll contact you separately on all this.
> .. Should there be "old" voting members who'd like to pitch in to
> preparing / doing the orientations, please get in contact.
>
>
>
> So, again, welcome all! And thanks to Boris and Kate for making the
> nomination/election process happen.
>
> If you want you're most welcome to reply with a blurb about you and how
> you got/are involved with HOT, your HOT story, if you may. I wrote mine at
> the bottom for a sort of an example. In fact, thinking about it, I think it
> wouldn't be a bad thing is also some (other) old members also feel inclined
> to write their HOT story. Good to know who's who in this zoo and where are
> people coming from :) . Perhaps we could even post these stories someone
> online - under an About us section at our website? Just a thought..
>
> But now: The new voting members of HOT!
>
>
>
> *New voting member*
>
> Amadou Ndong
>
> Andrew Buck
>
> Augustin Doury
>
> Awa Laye Dia
>
> Bass Thiam
>
> Claire Halleux
>
> Dale Kunce
>
> Emir Hartato
>
> François-Xavier Lamure Tardieu
>
> Jorieke Vynche
>
> Maning Sambale
>
> Rafael Ávila Coya
>
> Russell Deffner
>
> Sam Larsen
>
> Samuel Paul Alce
>
> Stéphane Henriod
>
> Will Skora
>
> Yohan Boniface
>
>
>
> That is quite an impressive list, eih!?
>
>
>
> My "HOT story":
> Originally from Finland, moved to the US (DC) over 10 years ago. I got
> involved with HOT during the Haiti earth quake of 2010 and when I lived in
> Haiti for 3 years. I've done most of my 
> mapping<http://hdyc.neis-one.org/?jaakkoh>in Haiti and Dominican Republic and 
> I've worked in the field with HOT (in
> Haiti) and pitched into developing some new projects for HOT.
> Currently living in Nicaragua trying to learn Spanish and getting engaged
> with the local mapping community (http://mapanica.net).
> HOT is hot because I think that (it's obvious by now that)
> Open(Street)Mapping can have a huge positive impact in humanitarian work
> and making (economic) development work better.
> http://osm.org/user/jaakkoh & http://about.me/jaakkoh
>
>
>
> What's your HOT story?
>
>
>
> With welcoming regards,
>
> -Jaakko
>
> --
>
> [email protected] * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +505-8845-3391 
> (Nicaragua)
> * Voice(mail) / SMS / What's app: +1-202-730-9778 *
> http://about.me/jaakkoh
>
> _______________________________________________
> HOT mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
>
>
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

Reply via email to