Hi Severin, folks,

On 2014-08-24 00:09, Severin Menard wrote:
Indeed the Bing imagery has been updated and is now from June 2013, what
is older than the WorldView2 imagery from
http://tasks.hotosm.org/project/591, but with a better resolution. As
many people will use Bing and not the WV2 imagery because they do not
know about the job, it is worth to consider Bing as the reference
knowing that Bing has good georeferenced imagery except in a few places
(seems Manilla).
I checked the current map and there is a general offset for buildings
and walls, while I know roads were not always correctly traced
everywhere. Currently realigning the buildings and walls on Bing as a
batch, the process should be achieved in a few hours.
I would recommend (I will update the job instructions accordingly) to:
- align WV2 on Bing
- check the differences between WV2 and Bing where you trace and
- where there is no difference, trace on Bing (better resolution)
- where Bing is outdated, trace on WV2

Would there be any possibility to pre-align the WV2 (or any other images HOT will receive in the future) to Bing (or some other future reference)?

Of course, if the offset is not uniform across the imagery, this might be problematic.


Regards, David

_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

Reply via email to