I would much prefer to see an officially approved method.  People can give
more thought to it but the basic idea of a workflow for simple tasks using
JOSM I think is good.  JOSM is easier than some people it credit for but
more to the point we get less area=yes instead of buildings=yes, highways
that almost meet, and duplicate buildings and anything that helps data
quality get my vote.

Cheerio John