hi Rafael, I asked something similar in 2010 and was told that the IDs can be removed:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2010-March/049175.html https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2010-March/049207.html I don't think I've touched any Africover data for a while, but when I was I aligned it to satellite imagery and tagged it up as best I could. Cheers, Joseph On 29 September 2015 at 03:02, Rafael Avila Coya <[email protected]> wrote: > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- > Hash: SHA1 > > Hi, all: > > I've seen there are hundreds of highways in Tanzania (about 1,700 at > this moment) that come from an old (most probably undocumented) bulk > import of Africover data, done back on 8-July-2009 [1]. Most of these > ways have an odd AUTO_ID key tag, that is probably an Africover > reference number. > > My understanding is that this tag is most probably useless, and > undocumented too, so my idea would be to delete this tag from all > ways, unless there is a nice reason to keep them. Makes sense? > > Cheers, > > Rafael. > > [1] https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/1775247 > > - -- > Twitter: @ravilacoya <http://twitter.com/ravilacoya> > *Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT)* <http://www.hotosm.org> > -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- > Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux) > Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined - http://www.enigmail.net/ > > iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJWCfEnAAoJEB3niTly2pPQmNEP/1l2lsJTopPTG90sMvbnvB/l > 0Z0f+BvQMJVi/qlMLwpkoYifby4vfBkBC8FYuwLa8Y2R8G3MRBm+MeLaLZaDP7uo > EIXCovG08I31lOgeD54sS1599DFGi020stHpO3RI0CWAKia8oeWJTWdKA30tqYyO > /8Mkj8k044M6/0SUjhj/DP7hRCT2KCE9KRyCYubii1xm9Mnx/IIf/aDX2wjxcHT/ > gnjzma0OA0qJyN/04tCKQT2daqOn/JPD6XqcFPaF/ZUOda3sE58Dpv9Khs3ygebn > DMcYj6nWdJPhXpRGccYVhm9yBdhQhxGEPv7Nk4R8IovDCQH4a1+6iy0s2Go3tkXR > /fIIiq431I3zB3TEi33rxmJvH4GuO6YVea6sVtBrKO1VToOawpEhkQfetd2CvRpF > +/73L6kUbPxoxFwabB18rARQN3ZfZs2pD9wDwWY7DGaOrGihwIE/aUhOetrd1MTL > Qhmj5gLJmOu/oKoI86cvgQyOITkIRnTDhSutP754T20Ha5zchEZ7+aPPIfLFiRjA > m3bA66iLafeCG72kmKcfr9YTq7JgpBdScfB/1COwk6cUjzia5QhKtMSSTJuXGRGS > DhFLVMyFzeUV4JGoIxAY8+lbbY7fG0jEaSl7dvjnxg/lHV7G4A4KekDznd/I5wDp > vaNIYwHpJ0yfR22irYvz > =UKPz > -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- > > _______________________________________________ > HOT mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >
_______________________________________________ HOT mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
