Hi all, Just giving my two cents.
For me mapping a building like a hut does not signify a lot. What is exactly a hut? Is it just a round building? Round buildings can be made out of several materials and have several different functions. Also why would a round building get another tag if a square building is almost the same size, made out of the same materials and has the same function? What significant is for me, is that it is a house, a granary or a roof to hide against the sun. Also the material of what it is made of is significant: roof out of straw or metal, walls out of bricks or clay ... In my opinion drawing a circle and tagging it with building = yes , and potentially other tags is the best. For me mapping buildings as huts doesn't signify a lot, on the contrary, I don't know what people who are living in the mapped 'huts' will think of it that their house is mapped like a 'hut'. I suppose it depends on how 'huts' are perceived in every culture. So yes also for this reason I prefer mapping: building=yes. Like I said, just my two cents :-) Best greetings, Jorieke 2015-09-29 11:55 GMT, john whelan <[email protected]>: > The HOT convention seems to be tag them building=yes. OSM and HOT are > slightly different in OSM it is acceptable to tag a node rather than the > HOT convention circle. Because HOT has a lot of very new mappers and their > work is validated ie often corrected I think it is important to clarify > this. > > Also the training material needs to be considered, having one answer in one > place and having the training material say something else would be awkward. > > Cheerio John > > On 28 September 2015 at 22:29, Dale Kunce <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Chris, >> I would use the more widely used tag building=hut. >> >> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=hut#values >> >> Dale >> >> On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 8:51 PM, chris zontine <[email protected]> >> wrote: >> >>> Greetings. >>> >>> I was involved in mapping task 1034 and a fellow mapper mentioned they >>> used the tag hut=yes in place of building=yes. I looked up the use of >>> key >>> hut[1] and apparently it is used but in very limited circumstances. >>> >>> The mapper said it was used to map a circular structure so I presume the >>> usage was correct. Given the lack of general use what is the consensus >>> on >>> using this tag? >>> >>> [1] http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=hut) >>> >>> Chris Zontine >>> _______________________________________________ >>> HOT mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >>> >> >> >> >> -- >> sent from my mobile device >> >> Dale Kunce >> http://normalhabit.com >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> HOT mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot >> >> > _______________________________________________ HOT mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
