Hi Noah,
No I dont know. But you can try either to search the archives of the QGIS users 
group or contact the list 
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/
regard  
Pierre 

      De : noah ahles <[email protected]>
 À : Pierre Béland <[email protected]> 
Cc : hot <[email protected]> 
 Envoyé le : Lundi 12 octobre 2015 21h13
 Objet : Re: [HOT] Using TMS Within QGIS
   
Hi Pierre,
Do you know of anyone who does use these TMS layers within QGIS? I am very 
interested in making this work. Not sure why my .tsv files are causing an error.
Best,Noah


On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 1:57 PM, noah ahles <[email protected]> wrote:

Pierre,
I have been using the TileLayer Plugin with the same syntax but I keep getting 
this error downloading message: 
It seems to recognize the files I am trying to download but can't access them 
for some reason.
Syntax:Martadi   DigitalGlobe, 2015-05-10   
http://mw1.gstatic.com/crisisresponse/firstlook/2015/firstlook_PO_054370506010_01_2015_05_13_maptiles/{x}_{y}_{z}.png
 
Noah
On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Noah,
You need to install the Tilelayer Plugin. From Internet / OpenLayers plugin 
Menu, this provides a list of available tms layers such as osm.
I have not tried adding a custom layer in QGIS, but the TileLayerPlugin github 
page describes how to specify custom layers.
https://github.com/minorua/TileLayerPlugin
Example of the syntax recognized by this pluginRoadMap FreeTileMap 
http://freetilemap.example.com/road/{z}/{x}/{y}.png  You would then have to 
convert the link provided in the Nepal Imagery wiki page for Martadi replacing 
{zom} by {z}
http://mw1.gstatic.com/crisisresponse/firstlook/2015/firstlook_PO_054370506010_01_2015_05_13_maptiles/{x}_{y}_{z}.png

Pierre 

      De : noah ahles <[email protected]>
 À : hot <[email protected]> 
 Envoyé le : Jeudi 8 octobre 2015 11h25
 Objet : [HOT] Using TMS Within QGIS
   
Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to bring in Tile Mapping Service within QGIS using 
the TileLayer plugin. I have attached a .tsv file that I am using to try and 
access the Martadi imagery tiles from this page: 
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal_imagery_hosted_by_Google_Crisis_Response
Please let me know if you have any suggestions for how to get this to work. I 
want to create educational materials (labs) to show how OSM data/imagery can be 
used to explore world events in great detail and tell a story about how certain 
data is actually being utilized on the ground. For example, a module may be:
a. Using the imagery and available data identify all of the IDP camps in a 
neighborhood of Kathmandu
b. Estimate the population density assuming 3 people per X square meters of tent
c. Given some total amount of resources (food, water, medical supplies, 
clothing etc.), allocate X amount of resources to each IDP camp based on that 
population density
d. Determine how long it will take to get to each camp assuming an average 
speed of X km/hour while taking into account downed bridges and blocked roads

Getting imagery into QGIS is my biggest hurdle so far!
Best,Noah
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot


   





  
_______________________________________________
HOT mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot

Reply via email to