Hi Samuel, I have used overpass-turbo.eu to extract just admin boundaries before and it seems to work well.
I then have to pass the results over to JOSM and download the missing members to get all the points and ways that make up the boundaries, but that is probably because I do not know overpass-turbo well enough to have it grab all the elements automatically. overpass-turbo consists of 2 major parts, the web front (Overpass Turbo) and the Overpass-API which handles searching OSM data, both are available from GitHub. Overpass-API works with local .osm.gz files so it can take a full OSM Planet file and minutely updates and run totally locally. http://overpass-api.de/ https://github.com/tyrasd/overpass-turbo Probably not the easiest solution to your question, but at least you can try out Overpass-Turbo and make sure it does what you want before you try and run it locally. Here is one I used last week for one of our contacts who needed admin boundaries for Serbia: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/cx8 Like, I said, there might be simpler (I hope) answers to your question, but Overpass is one I think. Cheers, blake On Sun, Nov 8, 2015 at 6:00 AM, Samuel Aiyeoribe <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello HOTties, > > Please does anyone know of a service for extracting/downloading OSM Admin > Boundary that one can fork and host myself and also available on github. > > Looking forward to your reply. > > Cheers > > Samuel > > _______________________________________________ > HOT mailing list > [email protected] > https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot > -- ---------------------------------------------------- Blake Girardot Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Vice President, HOT Board of Directors skype: jblakegirardot HOT Core Team Contact: [email protected] _______________________________________________ HOT mailing list [email protected] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/hot
