Hi Alan,

Yes, sorry – hard to write this short and sweet.

Basically east of Ambulgama both Bing and Mapbox imagery source ‘changes’; in
particular the ‘hi-res’ tiles of Mapbox (i.e. beyond zoom level 17) is not
available.

So, you’ll be able to see the buildings better in Bing. So I’ve been
accomplishing tracing by either just leaving Bing as is, trace the buildings,
then switch to Mapbox and drag them to line-up, as we’ve still checked and
although the offset is ‘less’ between Bing and Mapbox, Mapbox is still in
better alignment.

Another ‘fancier’ way to do this is check to see if the roads are lined up with
the Mapbox imagery, if so, you can adjust the Bing Imagery first, then trace
off that and you’ll be all lined up.

But Mapbox is also more recent imagery, so there might be new construction.

In other words, you really should be using both imagery sources for this area
to ‘get the best picture’.

=Russ