I've seen all the discussion recently about new mappers and I just wanted to
chime in as a new mapper. I have tried once or twice to make sure that I was
doing the right thing, but ultimately have not felt confident to continue
mapping.  I'm pretty tech oriented so normally I would just jump in on this
kind of thing. I hate doing things wrong and creating work for people, so after
trying a couple, I was not sure if I was even helping.  I figured out adding
buildings and squaring them up, but then I didn't know if it was "okay" to only
do a few buildings in an area and check it back in.

I am getting more experience in satellite imagery for work, so some of it may
have been lack of confidence in the imagery - I didn't know if I should mark it
as a building if in doubt, or if I should leave it alone. Again, after seeing
more of it, I feel more comfortable now, but satellite imagery is a learned
skill as well.

I've never found a good tutorial that I felt really walked through everything,
but as stated in some of the notes, I have a hard time spending 2 hours on
training (although if it was all inclusive and straight forward, I would
consider it).  I still don't know if there is an area to go for new mappers
that shows how to do things.

I really like the comment on the feedback loop. If I could have sent my area
and changes to be reviewed and get feedback on what I was doing, I would have
done that.  Glad to see people trying to address this.

Regards,
Josh

This message, along with any attachments, is for the designated recipient(s)
only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential
information. If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it
without review and notify the sender immediately. Any other use of such
misdirected e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic
communications with Zurich and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant
messaging (including content), may be scanned for the purposes of information
security and assessment of internal compliance with company policy.