Mike and Seth,
Thanks for validating. I think the biggest difference is not the quality of
mappers but the length of time some of the later tasks have been published.
To get through the large amount of initial mapping we needed to do we made
a couple of changes to how projects are normally created and validated.
Every activation is a learning experience, even for some of us that have
been involved in all of the major ones in the past 4 years. We will be
doing a lessons learned and after action session where I hope to document
the many things that went well and areas where we can improve.

As mentioned before we went from larger tasks that required more effort to
smaller tiles that were quicker to get through. The initial data push is
very important to understand and a gross level how roads connect places and
roughly how many buildings - people are in each place. After the initial
data push we focus more on updating/validating the data created during that
initial push (usually 1st week). Given the large number of NGOs actively
mapping in Haiti and willing to spend time to clean up the data we thought
this methodology would be prudent to satisfy short term needs and long term
map quality issues.

The activation is still ongoing. However the greatest need is no longer
fresh blank space mapping but validating work done over the last two weeks.
If you are an validator we would love to have your help.

Thanks again for all those that have contributed to the map. According to
Pascal Neis site over 2,000 folks have contributed 2.5 million edits adding
over 345,000 buildings, thousands of km of roads and waterways.