Hello HOT community,

The YouthMappers network of university chapters is now on 74 campuses in
24 countries. We have been inspired and motivated by the infectious energy
and enthusiasm of student mappers around the world and are grateful to
USAID for their support and to the HOT community for helping us engage
this generation of leaders to contribute data and talents to many tasks.

For a summary of what we¹ve been up to this past trimester, our most
recent newsletter is out today, see it here:
http://bit.do/YMNL2017b

And if you have not yet seen some of our blogs - I really encourage you to
take a look! www.youthmappers.org/blog

The voices of these young humanitarians are inspiring and we watch them
learn and grow in unique ways from this experience. Thanks to all of you
who have engaged with them and who continue to promote participation in
academic settings.

Peace,
Patricia

Patricia Solís, Ph.D.
Co-Director, Center for Geospatial Technology, College of Arts & Sciences
Research Associate Professor of Geography, Department of Geosciences
Contributing Faculty, Climate Science Center
Texas Tech University

Scholar, Fulbright Roster of Experts
Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team Member

Director and Co-Founder, YouthMappers