Hello, cross-posting this to the mailing list as I just joined now:

We're planning a mapping activity for rural roads in Pune district in India.
Our project is here:
http://tasks.openstreetmap.in/project/89
(Still in draft mode)

We are facing an issue in the Tasking Manager interface : Map tiles are not

Screenshots of the interface and error messages:
At 50km scale: https://i.imgur.com/1JFm74T.png
At 20km scale: https://i.imgur.com/UhSrAiQ.png
Console errors : https://i.imgur.com/dLch0Hy.png

The task manager is not loading regular OSM tiles : here are a couple of
error'd URLs:
http://tile-a.openstreetmap.fr/hot/8/180/114.png
http://tile-c.openstreetmap.fr/hot/8/179/114.png

Since it appears to be a HOT-specific tile source, it's possible that those
areas might not have been provisioned or something.

Is there something we could do here? In the Edit mode there is an "Imagery"
tab but I have not been able to get anything through that.

Why we need to see the map behind our shapes/grid : We want to start with
the shapes that have roads marked and work our way from there, so that we
can connect to existing road network rather than making orphaned paths.

--
Cheers,
Nikhil VJ