Hi,

An additional way to help out is on the FOSS4G github, where there are 2
issues for the CoC & travel advice, where you can leave comments, and
see the draft documents. Most of my suggestions have been taken on board.

https://github.com/foss4g2018/foss4g2018/issues/65
https://github.com/foss4g2018/foss4g2018/issues/64

> all future events happening in countries with similar local laws to
> Tanzania

Can you please state in what (limited!) circumstances (parts of) the HOT
CoC are optional, or run the risk that CoC opponents using any reason
they want to have an event with a CoC with lots of "opt-outs", claiming
"cultural differences".

My suggestion: "No events where homosexuality is illegal if
homosexuality/etc is legal in one part of the region for this event."
(there might be other cases).

Rory