I published a Blog post about a tool that Potentiel 3.0 develops with OSM-RDC
to classify Building geometry and  to spot the more problematic contributions.
Topological analysis is made from a PostgreSQL - PostGIS database.See
https://opendatalabrdc.github.io/Blog/index.html#!Bulding_Geometry_Analysis_to_Support_OpenStreetMap_Quality_Analysis.md
I have looked at task 4947 that was completed august 6. I From the 18312
buildings in the area covered by this task, only 3.5% have irregular form
(other then 90 degres or regular angles like huts).  There exist buildings with
irregular form but they are the exceptions.
The objective with the focus on the analysis of these irregular buildings, is
one more angle to validate the OSM mapping. First, we can have rapidly a
quantitative measure of irregular polygons to look at more closely. This also
let's validate the more problematic contributions.
The Overpass query links provide a list of buildings that are still reported as
irregular today for the contributors with significant buildings flagged as
irregular. Each query concern one contributor and a rapid look at each shows
imprecise mapping. I would like the validators to look at this data and comment
about how the focus on such data can help in the process of validation /
correction of the mapping done for this Ebola response.
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWchttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWdhttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWehttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWfhttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWghttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWhhttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWihttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWjhttp://overpass-turbo.eu/s/AWk

regard
Pierre