Hi,
I believe a little more information needed to be added here to point the
discussion to the right direction. The language usage a is not Latin script
and the Unicode block is completely ok. So there is no issue in writing
that language anywhere in internet and no additional special font is needed
as well to render properly. At it is true that Unicode contains all the
letter of all the languages, so if the font has the language specific
Unicode block it should be displayed properly.

So far from my experience i can say, that country map is not complete in
OSM. Being an open source product there is a trust and dependability issue
as well. More people are trying to use and showing interest here now a
days, because Google is expensive. What are the outlets of using OSM from
desktop and mobile? Those who are active and contributing for a longer than
me can easily list top most popular/ used apps or sites to use OSM. How
many of them supports complex non-latin unicode characters perfectly? I
found only a very few but there could be more.

So the map is incomplete with less data, there are also incorrect data and
we are forcing to move it in a place where it will become completely
useless. Because the softwares can not show the texts properly. Will it be
helpful for that language or for that country?

I am not against using the native language, rather i am contributing to
Wikipedia and a number of open source communities on the same language
version for more than 12 years. I am also involved in a number of language
specific national expert committees. But here i am giving my opinion not to
use the native language now atleast for the time being.

It is true that all the people of the country are comfortable and prefer
native language. Can you please provide me data what percentage of them are
using OSM website and how many of them have a navigation app which is based
on OSM? what are the use cases we are targeting to cover?

If we write `name` in English and add the native name in `name:xx` and also
add English in `name:en` for now and will it be impossible to move all the
`name:xx` to `name` when scenario improves? I believe it could be done via
automated scripts.

Regards
Nasir Khan

--