Eight lies of mother 
 
 
 




1. The story began when I was a child; I was a son of a poor family in Africa. 
We did not even have enough food.  Whenever meal times came, mother would often 
give me her portion of rice. While she was removing her rice into my bowl, she 
would say "Eat this rice, son. I'm not hungry". That was Mother's First Lie. 2. 
When I was growing up, my persevering mother gave her spare time to go fishing 
in a river near our house, she hoped that from the fish she caught, she could 
gave me a little bit of nutritious food for my growth. After fishing, she would 
cook some fresh fish soup, which raised my appetite. While I was eating the 
soup, mother would sit beside me and eat the rest of the fish, which was still 
on the bone of the fish I had eaten. My heart was touched when I saw that. I 
then used my chopstick and gave the other fish to her. But she immediately 
refused and said "Eat this fish, son. I don't really like fish." That was 
Mother's Second Lie. 
  
3. Then, when I was in Junior High School...... to fund my studies, mother went 
to an economic enterprise to bring some used-match boxes that would need to be 
stuck together. It gave her some money to cover our needs. As the winter came, 
I woke up from my sleep and looked at my mother who was still awake, supported 
by a little candlelight and with perseverance she would continue the work of 
sticking some used-match boxes. I said, "Mother, go to sleep, it's late, 
tomorrow morning you still have to go to work." Mother smiled and said "Go to 
sleep, dear. I'm not tired." That was Mother's Third Lie. 
  
4. The final term arrived.......mother asked for leave from work in order to 
accompany me. While the sun was starting to shine strongly, my persevering 
mother waited for me under the heat for several hours. As the bell rang, which 
indicated that the final exam had finished, mother immediately welcomed me and 
poured me a cup of tea that she had brought in a flask. Seeing my mother 
covered with perspiration, I at once gave her my cup and asked her to drink 
too. Mother said "Drink, son. I'm not thirsty ! "  That was Mother's Fourth 
Lie. 
  
5. After the death of my father due to illness, my poor mother had to play her 
role as a single parent. She had to fund our needs alone. Our family's life was 
more complicated. No days without suffering. Our family's condition was getting 
worse, a kind uncle who lived near our house assisted now and then. Our 
neighbours, often advised my mother to marry again. But mother was stubborn and 
didn't take their advice; she said "I don't need love." That was Mother's Fifth 
Lie. 
  
6. After I had finished my studies and got a job, it was the time for my old 
mother to retire. But she didn't want to; she would go to the marketplace every 
morning, just to sell some vegetables to fulfill her needs. I, who worked in 
another city, often sent her some money to help her, in fulfilling her needs, 
but she would not accept the money. At times, she even sent the money back to 
me. She said "I have enough money." That was Mother's Sixth Lie. 
  
7. After graduating with a Bachelors Degree, I then continued to do a Masters 
Degree. It was funded by a company through a scholarship program, from a famous 
University in America. I finally worked in the company. With a good salary, I 
intended to bring my mother to enjoy her life in America. But my lovely mother 
didn't want to bother her son. She said to me, "I'm not use to."  That was 
Mother's Seventh Lie. 
8. In her old age, mother got stomach cancer and had to be hospitalized. I, who 
lived miles away, across the ocean, went home to visit my dearest mother. She 
lay in weakness on her bed after having an operation. Mother, who looked so 
old, was staring at me in deep thought. She tried to spread her smile on her 
face...but it was a noticeable effort. It was clear that the disease had 
weakened mother's body. She looked so frail and weak. I stared at my mother 
with tears flowing. My heart was hurt,….. so hurt, seeing my mother in that 
condition. But mother with the little strength she had, said "Don't cry, my 
dear. I'm not in pain." That was Mother's Eighth Lie.
After saying her eighth lie, my Dearest mother closed her eyes forever !        
                           *****************Abdullah ibn Umar(radhiyallahu 
anhu), once saw a man from Yemen carrying his mother on his back and going 
around the Kaaba in his tawaaf. Rather than showing any sign of complaint, the 
man was happy, repeating a line of poetry in which he likened himself to a 
camel his mother was mounting. He looked at Abdullah ibn Umar (radhiyallahu 
anhu) and asked him. Whether by doing so he discharged his debt to his mother. 
Ibn Umar(R.A.) said: No, you have not even paid back one twinge of her labor 
pain when she gave birth to you." 
  
Taken from Inspirations Volume 4 (AL-Islaah Publications )
 


"Thy Lord hath decreed 
That ye worship none but Him, 
And that ye be kind 
To parents. Whether one 
Or both of them attain 
Old age in thy life, 
Say not to them a word 
Of contempt, nor repel them, 
But address them 
In terms of honour. 
And, out of kindness, 
Lower them to the wing 
Of humility, and say: 
"My Lord! bestow on them 
Thy Mercy even as they 
Cherished me in childhood." 
Holy Quran:Surah Bani-Israil (The Children of Israel) 17:23-24 
_________________________________________________________________
Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster.
http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_faster_112008
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Dear Friends Check your inbox daily + delete your junk emails & keep your inbox 
empty! Its a friendly Request for all of my group members. 
-----------------------------------------------------
For More Information: 
Contact Us : 
SaGar Hayyat Khan Group Network
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
       : [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Cell  : +92-321-9239099 
-----------------------------------------------------
...........|""""""""""""""""""""""""|\|_ 
...........|...HotmailPakistan.....|||"|""\___ 
...........|__________________|||_|___|) 
...........!(@)'(@)""""**!(@)(@)***!(@)''
-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•

Visite:  www.hotpaki.net.ms
Subscribe mail to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
send your comments and mail : [email protected]
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to