Not sure about Adobe’s plan.  Definitely small market share but it always has
been.  Still lots of big companies using it, but the job market is low.  I
still get lots of CF projects, so I’ve stuck with it.  Btw, they’ve been asking
is CF dead since ASP Classic was popular.  lol

From: houcfug@googlegroups.com [mailto:houcfug@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Gary McNeel
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:16 PM
To: Houston ColdFusion Users' Group <houcfug@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [houcfug] Coldfusion DEAD Question

All,

I started using ColdFusion back when a tech call got Jeremy Allaire - mostly
because I was not a programmer and needed to program. That was in 1995. So I
used CF on and off for about 14 years then we did C# .NET development.

What I liked about CF, for me anyway, was the rapid speed at which I could
develop. When I was at Jacobs Technology we used it on NASA projects as it was
used throughout NASA. But around 2010 that began to change and NASA, using much
more SharePoint, began to move to .NET.

So what gives? I guess I lost track of what was happening with CF along the
way. Is it dying? Technologically getting obsolete? Is Adobe going to dump it?
What has anyone heard.

It is a terrible shame as it works great from my perspective. I am developing a
pet project now and just wondering if I should keep going forward with CF.
Thoughts?

Thanks,

Gary McNeel
https://www.linkedin.com/in/gmcneel/
"Houston ColdFusion Users' Group" group.
houcfug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:houcfug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.