Jenkins works great to grab a set of code from a repo (like svn) and move
it to another server.   Here's what I am trying to do, and our sysadmin
says he has seen it done.

When you configure a Jenkins job, you give it the repository URL.  This
would be something like https://**MYSVNURL**/**MYPROJECT***/trunk, if you
are grabbing the trunk.

I want to deploy by a tag instead of the trunk, and I don't want to have to
go into the job's configuration every time and specify the tag (it would be
something like  https://**MYSVNURL**/**MYPROJECT***/tags/**MY_SPECIFIC_TAG**

Our sysadmin says he say a client using a sort of wizard, where a window
pops up and you can enter a specific tag, which the job will then use.

Is this all crazy talk?  Has anyone seen something like this?

TIA,

Mark

"Houston ColdFusion Users' Group" group.
to houcfug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.