Hi Daniele,
The current libsane-hpaio backend has been generalized to support only
24-bit scanning. This design decision was made back in 2000 when
libsane-hpoj was the official HP all-in-one support. Hpaio is based on
hpoj.

Of coarse today's expectations are higher and there are some
applications that support 16-bit bpp so we will add 48-bit scanning to
our TODO list. Sorry, I cannot promise when 48-bit support will be
released.

-dave

dat=121642